Lift is an initiative of Softcom Limited (“Softcom”, “We,” “Us,” or “Our”) focused on providing micro, small and medium scale enterprises (MSMEs) with foundational business learnings, growth finance, tools, personalised business coaching and community to enable them achieve exponential growth (the “Program”).
Eligible participants (“you” or “your”) will be shortlisted and selected from the applications received on our website at www.softcom.xyz/lift (the “Website” or the “Platform”)
We conduct our affairs in a responsible manner and pay attention to the security of our participants' data. We ensure that the information is collected, processed, and stored strictly for the purpose of the Program in a secure and efficient manner.
By accessing or using our Platform, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this Notice. Once you provide consent, you reserve the right to withdraw the consent at any time by contacting us. However, please note that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
3. How we collect data about you
- When you visit our Platform or become a participant on our Program.
- When you sign up to receive marketing communications from us.
- When you contact us by telephone, email, website, our applications or post to make a general enquiry or discuss your use, or potential use, of our Service.
- When you voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- When you apply for a job with Us.
- When you apply to join the Program
4. The data we collect
When signing up on Our Platform, We collect information about you. This information may include:
- profile data, such as your name, username or alias, e-mail address, mailing address, location, class (in school), age, and phone number;
- financial data, such as your card information, billing address, and payment options may also be required by our payment service providers;
- technical information, such as the type of mobile device and internet browser you use, your computer IP address, data about the pages you access, mobile device ID or unique identifier, statistics on page views, standard Web log data, still and moving images, etc;
- marketing data, such as users’ feedback; and
- usage data, such as time spent on Our application, when application was opened and device data.
5. How we use your personal data
We will only use the information collected from you for the purpose for which we collected it, which may include the following:
- to ensure the seamless efficiency of our Platform for your use;
- to register you as a new user and manage our relationship with you;
- to ensure accuracy of data;
- to send you informational and promotional content regarding our Services;
- to bill you—this includes sending you emails, invoices, and receipts;
- assist with KYC requirements;
- to meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, subpoenas, and other appropriate legal requests;
- to manage risk, or to detect, prevent, and/or remediate fraud or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities;
Where we need to process your information for additional purposes other than those identified at the time of collection, we will obtain your consent or the appropriate legal basis for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law. We will use such reasonable measures including but not limited to protecting our systems from hackers, setting up firewalls, storing data securely, employing data encryption technologies to secure your personal data in our custody against all foreseeable hazards and breaches such as theft, cyberattack, viral attack, dissemination, manipulations of any kind, damage by rain, fire or exposure to other natural elements.
6. Principles governing the processing of your personal data
We will only collect such personal data as may be required for the purpose of your use of our Platform. However, where the processing is not directly related to the initial purpose, such new purpose shall be communicated to you. Processing of your personal data shall be lawful if at least one of the following applies where:
- you have consented to the processing your personal data in connection with the use of our services;
- it is necessary for the performance of a contract you are party to or to take steps as you may request before entering into a contract;
- it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which We are subject;
- it is necessary to protect your interests or of another individual;
- it is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the interest of the public or in the exercise of an official public mandate vested in us.
Consent to the processing of your personal data shall mean any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of your wishes by a statement or clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of your personal information.
7. Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you have the right to:
- request for access to your personal data;
- to correct or rectify your personal data;
- restrict the processing of your personal data;
- object to the processing of your personal data;
- receive all personal data provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format;
- data portability which shall include the right to have your personal data transmitted directly to a third party;
- withdraw your consent at any time. Provided that such withdrawal shall not affect any lawful processing of the personal data based on the consent given before the withdrawal;
- request for the erasure or deletion of your personal data (also known as the right to be forgotten);
You may exercise any of the above rights at any time by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we will treat your complaint within thirty (30) days. Where we are unable to resolve it and require more time, we would inform you promptly.
9. User profiles
Every registered participant on our Platform has a unique personal profile. Each profile is assigned a unique personal identification number, which helps us ensure that only you can access your profile.
When you register as a merchant, we require certain requisite information at the time of account creation, such as full name, gender, email address, and telephone number. We use these details to create your profile. Your username and password (your login details) are your passport to seamlessly use our Platform without having to fill out registration forms with information you've already provided. Even if you switch computers, you won't have to re-register – just use your login details to identify yourself. You hereby agree that any information you give to us will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
10. Third parties access to your personal data
We implement a variety of reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your personal and sensitive data. We have implemented controls and security safeguards at the technical, physical, administrative and operational levels including but not limited to access controls, firewalls, data encryption, and physical security to prevent your personal data from being lost, altered, disclosed, or otherwise used in an unauthorized way. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents and contractors who have a business need to know and these people in turn have a duty to protect the personal data they are able to access.
Notwithstanding all our efforts to secure your information, please be mindful that the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that security breaches will never occur. Also please note that in the event you use our Platform(s) or Services through a potentially non-secure internet connection, such use is at your own risk.
12. Retention of personal information
We will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies. We will keep the personal data for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to our relationship with you. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
We will actively review the personal information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases anonymize it, when there is no longer a legal, business or user need for it to be retained.
13. Transfer of personal data outside Nigeria
Where your Personal Data is to be transferred to another country, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any such transfers comply with applicable law. We shall only transfer your personal data to a foreign country where the National Information Technology Development Agency (“NITDA”) confirms that the foreign country shall ensure an adequate level of protection of such personal data and subject to the supervision of the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation.
A transfer of personal data to a foreign country without the decision of the NITDA or the Honourable Attorney General of the Federation shall only take on any of the conditions listed below and where we have expressly communicated the principles of data protection that are likely to be violated in the event of such transfer:
- You have expressly consented to the transfer having been fully advised of the risks of such transfer;
- The transfer is necessary:
- for the performance of a contract between us or the implementation of a pre-contractual measure undertaken at your request;
- for the performance of a contract concluded in your interest between us and a third party;
- in the interest of the public;
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to protect your interest or the interest of other persons where you are incapable of giving consent.
15. Available remedies
If you suspect any breach, please write:
15B, Sasegbon Street,
Ikeja GRA, Lagos.
Full name of legal entity: SOFTCOM LIMITED
Name or title of DPO: David Igbinedion
Email address: email@example.com