Terms and conditions
1. Who we are
Lift is an initiative of Softcom Limited (“Softcom”, “We,” “Us,” or “Our”) focused on providing micro, small and medium scale enterprises (MSMEs) with foundational business learnings, growth finance, tools, personalised business coaching and community to enable them achieve exponential growth (the “Program”).
Eligible participants (“you” or “your”) will be shortlisted and selected from the applications received on our website - softcom.xyz/lift (the “Website”). Our Website is also referred to as the “Platform”.
By submitting your application to participate in the Program, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (“Terms” or “T&C”) and any other agreement which we may require you to execute at any time, before or during the Program.
2. Acceptance of Terms
By signing up for the Program, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by these Terms and our Privacy Notice (available here: softcom.xyz/lift). We may also require that you enter into any agreement or make any other declaration prior to your acceptance into the Program or during your participation in the Program. You understand and agree that such other agreement or declaration will bind you to these Terms and you undertake to abide by them.
If you do not agree to these Terms and/or the Privacy Notice, you must not sign up for the Program. Please read these Terms carefully, as your participation in the Program following your selection shall be evidence of your acceptance of the Terms and your agreement to be legally bound by the same.
3. Requirements for Participation in the Program
Participation in the Program is entirely at our absolute discretion. We reserve the absolute right to allow participation in the Program at any point in time, alter the application process or to terminate the Program.
In addition to any other requirements which we may stipulate from time to time, the following are the minimum requirements for selection into the Program:
- You should be registered as a business name or company in Nigeria;
- You should have been in operation for a minimum period of nine (9) months;
- You should have at least two (2) full-time employees on its payroll, and
- You should be compliant with all regulatory requirements applicable to the operation of your business.
You understand that these requirements are not exclusive, and we reserve the right to request for such additional information as we consider necessary.
4. Acceptance into the Program
Notwithstanding anything contained in these Terms, you understand that acceptance into the Program is at the absolute discretion of Softcom and that your participation in the Program is not automatic following the submission of your application.
The applications shall be reviewed by experienced and seasoned entrepreneurs and their decision shall be final. Softcom shall not entertain any request for disclosure of the deliberations of the selection team, breakdown of the result and any other information regarding the decision making process. Only shortlisted participants would be engaged.
5. Participation in the Program
You understand that your application will be subjected to a thorough review process, and you will only be onboarded should you be deemed to comply with the selection process.
Following your selection and onboarding on the Program, you will together with other participants be grouped into cohorts. As part of the Program, we will:
- upload training modules and case study materials;
- assign tasks to participants on a weekly basis;
- administer reflections and self diagnostics “Start. Stop. Continue” forms;
- schedule group and one-on-one coaching sessions for clarity and accountability
- create and manage community forums;
- schedule live classes and Q&A sessions.
These activities will be available on a Learning Management System and live sessions may be accessed on Zoom or such other platforms we will disclose from time to time.
After the Program, participants we consider high flying may be eligible for loan facilities, grants and one-on-one coaching sessions. We will also monitor and evaluate the performance of the participants after the Program.The method and frequency of these may vary and would be communicated during the program.
6.1 You represent that:
- you have procured all necessary approvals for your participation in the Program and your participation does not violate any applicable law or regulation;
- you shall not engage in any activities to prevent or disrupt other parties’ access to the Program or interfere with any mechanisms that we deploy on the Platform or introduce during the Program;
- you shall abide this Terms and your participation in the Program is not for a fraudulent purpose or applicable law;
- you shall not act in a manner that will bring us or the Program to disrepute;
- you shall not sell or commercialise any of the content or material made available to you in the Program.
- you shall not post, send or transmit any material which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others
- you shall not perform any act that is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conducts that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law.
- you shall not attempt to modify, reproduce, circumvent, reverse engineer or copy the Platform or interfere with any mechanisms that we deploy on the Program.
- you shall not prevent or disrupt the rights of other Participants to access the Platform.
- you shall not use any material or information, including images in any manner that infringes any proprietary rights of a third party.
- you shall not use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity any directory of Participants on the Platform or other usage information or any portion of it.
6.2 Any conduct by a Participant that, in our sole discretion, restricts or inhibits any other Participant from using or enjoying the Platform is prohibited. Accordingly, no Participant shall use this Platform/Program to advertise or perform any commercial solicitation.
You understand that if you are accepted into the Program, information such as the name and founders of your business may be used for promotional purposes or to secure sponsorship for the Program and you consent to our use of the information accordingly.
8. Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that while compliance with the above requirements will be considered in the assessment of your application to participate in the Program, it is not conclusive. We reserve the right to accept or reject any application without any liability.
You understand that the information or content available to you through your participation in the Program may not be comprehensive, or without error and that we do make any warranties of any kind, either express or implied relating to, including but not limited to title, non-infringement of intellectual property rights, compatibility of any application interface, completeness, merchantability, or fitness for any particular purpose. No advice, information, content or opinion (whether oral or in writing) given by us, our affiliates, employees, service providers or consultants shall be considered a warranty of any kind.
We do not make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of any material or information provided during the Program and we shall not be liable for loss of profit or business, or for the use of the information or material made available during the Program.
9. Intellectual Property
All present and future rights in and to trade secrets, patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, know-how, and other proprietary rights of any type under the laws of any governmental authority, domestic or foreign, including rights in and to all applications, contents, tools and resources provided to you during or in connection with the Program and or relating to the Platform (the “Intellectual Property Rights”) shall vest in us.
All trademarks and service marks, whether registered or unregistered, as well as product names and company names or logos, displayed or mentioned on the Platform are the property of their respective owners. Other than the owner of the intellectual property, no other party can use such marks without the prior written consent of the owner.
You shall not engage in the reproduction, modification, communication, or adaptation of any of the content provided to you.
10. Modification of the Terms
We reserve the right to modify or delete these Terms at any time. Such modifications will become part of this Agreement and will be effective once posted on our website. You may be notified of material revisions via electronic mail or via a pop-up or redirection when you visit our website.
Nevertheless, we recommend that you visit our website from time to time.
You may terminate your participation in the Program at any time. Upon such termination, we reserve the right to recover all contents, materials, tools, and any other property which we may have given to you and to cease to grant you further access to all materials or information relating to the Program. We reserve to take appropriate legal action against you to recover such property and damages in the event of your failure to provide all or any of them.
Additionally, we may terminate your continued participation in the Program at any time without prior notice if:
- you are in breach of the terms of this Terms;
- we are investigating a suspected or actual case of misconduct by you;
- your continued participation in the Program may expose us to legal liability or disrupt the participation of others.
The requirement to return all properties to us and the consequences for refusal or failure to do so as stated in this Clause 11 shall apply upon the termination of your participation by us.
12. Data Protection
13. Limitation of Liability
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, CLAIMS, COSTS, EXPENSES OR LOSSES WHATSOEVER WHICH YOU MAY SUFFER AS A RESULT OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR THE ACCURACY, TECHNICAL ERRORS, OR THE AVAILABILITY OF OR ACCESS TO THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON OUR PLATFORM.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF GOODWILL, PROFITS, DATA OR UNAVAILABILITY OF THE PROGRAM PURSUANT TO THIS TERMS, WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE IN CONTRACT, DELICT, UNDER STATUTE, AT LAW OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WITHOUT LIMITATION AND WHETHER THIS TERMS IS CANCELLED OR NOT.
14.1 Applicable Law and Dispute Resolution
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in relation to these terms shall be settled and binding, individual arbitration under the Arbitration and Conciliation Act and you hereby expressly waive your right to resort to national courts in relation to any claim or cause of action involving this Program.
You agree that for any Dispute, the claim shall be brought within three months after the dispute first arose; otherwise such dispute would be permanently barred"
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless us, our affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys' fees, arising out of a) your participation in the Program in a manner that contradict this Terms or any other conditions stipulated by us to which you agreed, b) your use of the Platform in a manner that is contrary to this Terms, c) your violation of the rights of your customers or any third parties including but not limited to delivery of services, intellectual property rights or privacy rights, and d) breach of any representation or obligations in this Terms.
14.3 Entire Agreement
If you have any questions about this Terms, please contact us at email@example.com